On this page you can listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track.
Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus join the cast of MAMMA MIA! . Seen by over 54 million people worldwide, MAMMA MIA! is the irresistible sunny, funny comedy cleverly told through the timeless songs of ABBA.
Mamma Mia! Original Cast Recording is the original cast album for the 1999 English stage musical Mamma Mia!. The album was released in 1999 and it reached N. 6 in the UK album chart, with 2 weeks on the chart. Mamma Mia! reinvigorated the popularity of ABBA (the film soundtrack was the best-selling album of the week and several songs made the top in the UK singles chart)
Mamma Mia: The Musical' concerns a young woman named Sophie and her single mother Donna, a former nightclub singer who runs a motel on a small Greek island. Sophie is about to get married and before she ties the knot she wants to find out who her father is. She invites 3 of her mother's old flames (each a candidate for paternity) to her wedding. From there the fun begins. Put together by Abba's own Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, Mamma Mia! manages to cram over 20 of the Swedish supergroup's songs into a threadbare plot. It goes a little like this: Young Sophie is getting married and she's trying to identify which of three men is her father. That's about it. Wisely, the musical doesn't mess around with the songs, save for the insertion of some dialogue or for having some of them performed by a man (it works amazingly well).
ABBA principals Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus turned to stage musicals after their band's demise and composed two, one of which, Chess, ran in the West End and on Broadway. For their third stage effort, they returned to their ABBA catalog and put together Mamma Mia!, a show that employs their old songs (with occasional lyric revisions) in the service of a libretto by Catherine Johnson about a girl who tries to discover her father's identity in time to have him give her away at her wedding. So, how does Mamma Mia! compare to an ABBA greatest-hits album? Well, the recordings are less fully produced than the originals, and in that sense less impressive. Here, the songs are being sung by native English speakers, and that is a distinct improvement.
Discography of Benny Andersson.
Mamma Mia! (promoted as Mamma Mia! The Movie) is a 2008 musical romantic comedy film based on the 1999 musical of the same name, based on the songs of successful pop group. View All . 57 195 4. Musicals. 16 101 6. Benny Andersson
Original Cast Recording is the original cast album for the 1999 English stage musical Mamma Mia!. Mamma Mia! reinvigorated the popularity of ABBA (the film soundtrack was the best-selling album of the week and several songs made the top in the UK singles chart). The re-interest in this 1999 Original London Cast album caused it to reach in the UK Album Chart, having charted at a week earlier. It features performances by the original London cast of the musical including Lisa Stokke,.
Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus remember writing and recording 'Mamma Mia'. Well, Andersson - the composer in the partnership - does. Ulvaeus, who came up with the lyrics, is less sure. Andersson and Ulvaeus are executive producers on the film, their roles extending to re-recording their original music in Metronome, and having the cast supply their own vocals. The theatrical production opened a few hundred yards away in Soho's Prince Edward Theatre on 6 April 1999 - 25 years to the day after Abba won Eurovision with 'Waterloo'. Why the Abba musical is a smash. Abba were the soundtrack to my tortured adolescence. Like most disaffected teens, when life got too hard, I simply turned the volume up. Because Abba are survivor camp - more poignant than any Gloria Gaynor anthem.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Overture / Prologue||2:56|
|3||Money, Money, Money||3:01|
|4||Thank You For The Music||3:04|
|8||Lay All Your Love On Me||3:35|
|10||Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!||3:34|
|11||The Name Of The Game
Trumpet – John Barclay
|15||One Of Us||2:20|
|17||Does Your Mother Know||3:22|
|18||Knowing Me, Knowing You||2:43|
|19||Our Last Summer||2:43|
|20||Slipping Through My Fingers||3:36|
|21||The Winner Takes It All||4:09|
|22||Take A Chance On Me||3:34|
|23||I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do||2:29|
|24||I Have A Dream||2:59|
- Marketed By – Victor Entertainment, Inc.
- Adapted By [Book] – Catherine Johnson
- Bass Guitar – Jaz Lochrie
- Choreography – Anthony Van Laast
- Conductor [Recording Conducted By] – Martin Lowe
- Directed By – Phyllida Lloyd
- Directed By [Assistant Musical Director], Keyboards – Torquil Munro
- Directed By [Casting Director] – David Grindrod
- Directed By [Musical Director], Keyboards – Martin Lowe
- Drums – Dave Adams
- Electric Guitar [Guitar 1], Acoustic Guitar – Keith Airey
- Electric Guitar [Guitar 2], Acoustic Guitar, Twelve-String Guitar [12 String] – Terry Johnston
- Engineer [Assistant] – Tom Jenkins
- Engineer, Mixed By – David Hunt*
- Ensemble – Andy Couchman, Anne-Marie McCormack, Annette Yeo, Caroline Sheen, Drew Jaymson, Emma Jay Thomas, James Barron, Joseph Noble, Karen Shenaz David*, Leah-Sue Morland, Lori Haley Fox, Melissa Jacques, Nick Hashwell, Richard Pettyfer, Scarlett Strallen, Simon Bishop , Stephen McGlynn, Timothy Walton, Wendy Mae Brown
- Executive Producer – Benny Andersson & Bjorn Ulvaeus
- Keyboards – James Bugden, Lesley Burdett
- Lighting Director [Lightning Designed By] – Howard Harrison
- Management [Company Manger] – Julian P. Stoneman
- Management [Orchestral Management For Accord Music Ltd] – Maurice Cambridge
- Mastered By – Ben Turner
- Music By, Lyrics By – Benny Andersson, Bjorn Ulvaeus*
- Other [Scandinavian Press] – Gorel Hanser
- Percussion – Julian Poole
- Photography [Production Photographer] – Cathrine Ashmore
- Producer [Album Produced By] – Martin Koch , Nicholas Gilpin
- Producer [Assistants To The Producers] – Claire Southgate
- Production Manager [Production Designed By] – Mark Thompson
- Programmed By [Synthesizer Programmer] – Nick Gilpin
- Sounds [Sounds Designed By] – Andrew Bruce , Bobby Aitken
- Stage Manager – Clare Whitfield
- Stage Manager [Assistant] – Charlotte Mechan, Jaqueline Cairns, Sarah Cash, Stephen Fulton
- Stage Manager [Deputy Stage Manager] – Glen Harper
- Supervised By [Recording Supervisor], Other [Additional Material], Arranged By [Arrangements] – Martin Koch
- Transcription By – Anders Neglin
- Vocals [Ali] – Eliza Lumley
- Vocals [Bill Austin] – Nicolas Colicos
- Vocals [Donna Sheridan] – Siobhán McCarthy*
- Vocals [Eddie] – Nigel Harman
- Vocals [Father Alexandrios] – Tom Magdich
- Vocals [Harry Bright] – Paul Clarkson
- Vocals [Lisa] – Melissa Gibson
- Vocals [Pepper] – Neal Wright
- Vocals [Rosie] – Jenny Galloway
- Vocals [Sam Carmichael] – Hilton McRae
- Vocals [Sky] – Andrew Langtree
- Vocals [Sophie Sheridan] – Lisa Stokke
- Vocals [Tanya] – Louise Plowright
- Written-By [Some Songs With] – Stig Anderson
NotesAlbum recorded at Angel Recording Studios. Mastered at Fine Splice.
This is the original 1999 London cast recording.
℗1999 Polydor Ltd. (UK) ©1999 Polydor Ltd. (UK)
Made in Japan.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 988005 320247
- Matrix / Runout: UICY-1142 1L V
- Other: IFPI L237
|543 115-2||Benny Andersson And Björn Ulvaeus'*||Mamma Mia! The Musical Based On The Songs Of ABBA (Original Cast Recording) (CD, Album)||Polydor||543 115-2||UK||1999|
|314 543 115-4||Benny Andersson And Björn Ulvaeus'*||Mamma Mia! The Musical Based On The Songs Of ABBA (Original Cast Recording) (Cass, Album, Dol)||Polydor||314 543 115-4||Canada||1999|
|2701557||Original Cast Recording*||Mamma Mia! - The Smash Hit Musical Based On Songs Of ABBA "Celebrating A Decade Of London's Dancing Queen! 10 Mamma Mia!" (CD, Album, S/Edition)||Polydor||2701557||UK||2009|
|STARCD 6923||Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus'*||Mamma Mia! - The Smash Hit Musical Based On Songs Of ABBA (CD, Album, S/Edition)||Polydor||STARCD 6923||South Africa||2004|
|543 115-2||Benny Andersson And Björn Ulvaeus'*||Mamma Mia! The Musical Based On The Songs Of ABBA (Original Cast Recording) (CD, Album)||Polydor||543 115-2||Australia||1999|
Performer: Benny Andersson And Björn Ulvaeus'
Title: Mamma Mia! The Musical Based On The Songs Of ABBA (Original Cast Recording)
Date of release: 2002
Genre: TV music
Size MP3: 1929 mb
Size FLAC: 1744 mb
Rating: 4.7 / 5
Other Formats: WAV AAC RA AU XM VOX AUD