Season of Glass is a 1981 album by Yoko Ono, her first solo recording after the murder of her husband John Lennon. The album was released less than six months after Lennon's death and deals with it directly in songs such as "Goodbye Sadness" and "I Don't Know Why". Season of Glass reached on Billboard 200 Album Chart, making it Ono's highest-charting solo album to date.
Milk and Honey is the sixth and final album by John Lennon and Yoko Ono released in 1984. Following the compilation The John Lennon Collection, it is Lennon's eighth and final studio album, and the first posthumous release of new Lennon music, having been recorded in the last months of his life during and following the sessions for his 1980 album Double Fantasy. It was assembled by Yoko Ono in association with the Geffen label.
This song is by Yoko Ono and appears on the album It's Alright (I See Rainbows) (1982). It's getting cold around herePeople are living in fearWhether its in a country or in an islandFrightened by death, holding our breathWhile our souls cry out. I don't wanna be mugged by some motherI don't wanna be shot for ten dollarAnd what's this talk about limited holocaust?Have a heart (Have a heart!)I don't even want my roof to leak.
It’s Alright (I See Rainbows) by Yoko Ono. View all albums . Rising. 5. Talking To The Universe. 6. Turned The Corner. 8. Where Do We Go From Here. 10. Will I. 11. 12. Goodbye, My Love.
It's Alright is a big sounding pop album with a whole crew of NYC session men. The arrangements create a SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE pit band sound behind her. Natch, as her band included Paul Shaffer and Elliot Randall. Robert Palmer, in the onobook, notes in detail that this album was where "Yoko's hard won pop savvy met her avant-garde-era experimentation halfway. There's a depth to be found in these pop songs under the layers of sound that Yoko created in the studio. Tomorrow May Never Come. 7. Wake Up. Let The Tears Dry. 9. Dream Love. You're The One. Product details. Audio CD (August 26, 1997). Number of Discs: 1. Format: Extra tracks, Original recording reissued, Original recording remastered.
Yoko Ono. It's Alright. Yoko Ono. It's Alright (I See Rainbows).
|A2||Never Say Goodbye||4:25|
|A3||Spec Of Dust||3:31|
|A5||Tomorrow May Never Come||2:26|
|B3||Let The Tears Dry||3:24|
|B5||I See Rainbows||3:15|
- Marketed By – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – ONO Music
- Recorded At – The Hit Factory
- Mixed At – The Hit Factory
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Artwork – Bill Levy, Bob Heimall*
- Backing Vocals – Carlos Alomar, Gordon Grody, Kurt Yahjian
- Bass Guitar – Neil Jason
- Drums – Alan Schwartzberg*, Yogi Horton
- Engineer – Jon Smith
- Engineer [Assistant] – John Davenport , Peter Millius
- Engineer [Associate Engineer] – Brian McGee
- Guitar – Elliot Randall*, John Tropea
- Keyboards – Michael Holmes, Paul Shaffer
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Percussion – David A. Friedman*, Roger Squitero, Rubens Bassini, Sammy Figeroa*
- Photography By – Bob Gruen
- Production Manager – Samuel Havadtoy
- Production Manager [Production Assistant] – George Speerin, Greg Martello, Rich Martello
- Synthesizer – Pete Cannarozzi*
- Synthesizer, Keyboards – Paul Griffin
- Tabla – Roy Badal*
- Tuba, Baritone Saxophone – Howard Johnson
- Words By, Music By, Arranged By, Producer, Lead Vocals, Harmony Vocals, Design [Cover Design] – Yoko Ono
NotesComes with oval hype sticker "Includes Hit Single MY MAN PD 1-6364", affixed to jacket on promos and on shrink wrap for retail
Some pressings are on higher quality translucent vinyl (hold up to a bright light and you can see through it)
© 1982 Ono Music. ℗ 1982 Polygram Records, Inc. Manufactured and marketed by Polygram Records, Inc.
Recorded & mixed at the Hit Factory, N.Y.C. Mastered at Sterling Sound, N.Y.C.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A run-out, etched): PD16364•AS•RE-1+RM•C-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B run-out, etched): PD•16364-BS-RE-1+RM•C-2
- Matrix / Runout (Both sides run-out, stamped/etched): STERLING ⚾
|PD-1-6364||Yoko Ono||It's Alright (I See Rainbows) (LP, Album)||Polydor||PD-1-6364||US||1982|
|POLD 5073||Yoko Ono||It's Alright (I See Rainbows) (LP)||Polydor||POLD 5073||UK||1982|
|2391 559||Yoko Ono||It's Alright (I See Rainbows) (LP, Album)||Polydor||2391 559||New Zealand||1982|
|CT-1-6364||Yoko Ono||It's Alright (I See Rainbows) (Cass, Album)||Polydor||CT-1-6364||US||1982|
|3177 559||Yoko Ono||It's Alright (I See Rainbows) (Cass)||Polydor||3177 559||Italy||1982|
Performer: Yoko Ono
Title: It's Alright (I See Rainbows)
Date of release: 1982
Style: Avantgarde, Synth-pop
Size MP3: 1152 mb
Size FLAC: 1533 mb
Rating: 4.5 / 5
Other Formats: MMF MPC DTS DMF DXD ASF WAV