Lambchop – Is A Woman. 이블: Merge Records – MRG 204. 형식: 2 Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue. bad luck with 1st copy LP2 having non fill at the beginning of each side (enuf to ruin the experience. he replacement copy was the sam. o i ended up returning and NOT getting a 3r. .
Is A Woman (2xLP, Album). City Slang, Virgin, Virgin. Is A Woman (CD, Album).
Is a Woman’ flies in the face of any such preordained scripts; the album isn’t afraid to look to the band’s past for inspiration and borrows ideas liberally; the music no longer compares to the latest releases of their supposed contemporaries (the grandiose ‘All is Dream’ or futuristic ‘Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots’); and most extreme of all, this. release removes layer upon layer of instrumentation and reduces the overall volume to that of a low whisper. This is Kurt Wagner’s defining classic and the most consistent Lambchop release in terms of both quality and tone by quite some distance, an unrelentingly bleak work of unparalleled purity and vision. As ever Wagner’s voice is the ultimate tough sell, he still sounds like the same eccentric croaky voiced and heavily sedated uncle prone to riddles and rambling stream of consciousness monologues as you remember.
12. This Corrosion (The Sisters Of Mercy Cover). 13. Backstreet Girl (Rolling Stones Cover).
In the hour of the girl You can make this danger witness Or whatever, without your heart You can wish you could relate If it's always gonna be Sit beside me on a star If you wake me up tonight
Besides, the Is a Woman album sports some gorgeous, laconic looniness. Lambchop's one of the few crews who could find a poetic use for the brands they check in these songs (Sony, Sherwin Williams), and that alone can help you abide in a world where certain periodicals run creepy spreads on how celebrities eat, complete with paparazzi shots of Enrique Iglesias burger-snarfing. Three spins of the Alpha and Maxwell Implosion remixes and mastication-porn is wiped clean from the psyche.
Is Is A Woman the best album by Lambchop? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. Is A Woman by Lambchop (2002) Overall rank: 4,565th. Accolades: Top albums of 2002 ( 107th ). Top albums of the 2000s ( 1,042nd ). Best albums of all time ( 4,565th ).
Released 19 February 2002. Firstly let's get the blasphemy out of the way. While the world swooned for Lambchop's last big crossover album, Nixon, your correspondent remained oddly untouched. Its sweeping soundscapes, rustic plaintiveness and nods to Curtis Mayfield all added up to a strangely uninvolving experience. At last year's Festival Hall gig the use of a small army of musicians to convey the multi-layered ambience resulted in any intimacy being swamped.
|1||The Daily Growl||6:36|
|2||The New Cobweb Summer||6:57|
|3||My Blue Wave||7:52|
|4||I Can Hardly Spell My Name||3:26|
|9||D. Scott Parsley||5:57|
|11||The Old Matchbook Trick||4:42|
|12||Is A Woman||4:38|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Blues Interactions, Inc.
- Licensed From – Merge Records
- Recorded At – Quad Studios
- Recorded At – The Groove Room, Nashville
- Recorded At – Sound Emporium
- Recorded At – Wedgetone
- Mixed At – Wedgetone
- Mastered At – Yes Master
- Published By – Pathetic Hindsight Music
- Acoustic Guitar – Rob*
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Other [Acetone] – Tyler*
- Acoustic Guitar, Other [Crickets] – Curtiss*
- Baritone Saxophone – Deanna*
- Bass – Buddy*, Swanny*
- Design – Allen Mancini
- Drums, Percussion – Terry*
- Electric Guitar, Steel Guitar – Niehaus*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Mark Lacuesta
- Engineer, Mixed By – Mark Nevers
- Guitar [Space], Guitar [Noise], Other [Acetone] – Marky*
- Keyboards [Juno], Other [Acetone] – Delworth*
- Keyboards [Juno], Sampler – Jonathan*
- Liner Notes – 土佐有明
- Mastered By – Jim Demain
- Percussion – Scott*
- Percussion, Drums – Allen*
- Piano, Keyboards [Juno], Other [Acetone, Homo Machine] – Tony*
- Producer – Mark Nevers
- Vibraphone, Snare, Shaker, Snare [Brushed] – Burch*
- Vocals, Guitar, Synthesizer [Moog], Other [Acetone], Keyboards [Casio], Producer, Written-By – Kurt*
- Written-By – D.C. Book (tracks: 7)
NotesRecorded in Nashville January - July 2001.
Printed in Japan
|MRG204||Lambchop||Is A Woman (CD)||Merge Records||MRG204||US||2002|
|20190-1, 811753 1, 546285 2||Lambchop||Is A Woman (2xLP, Album + CD, Ltd)||City Slang, Virgin, City Slang||20190-1, 811753 1, 546285 2||Europe||2002|
|T004/598-2||Lambchop||Is A Woman (CD)||Trama||T004/598-2||Brazil||2002|
|none||Lambchop||Is A Woman (27xFile, MP3, 320)||City Slang||none||Unknown|
|SLANG50043LP||Lambchop||Is A Woman (2xLP, Album, RE)||City Slang||SLANG50043LP||Germany||2014|
Title: Is A Woman
Date of release: 2002
Style: Alternative Rock, Country Rock, Folk Rock
Size MP3: 1666 mb
Size FLAC: 1803 mb
Rating: 4.4 / 5
Other Formats: TTA APE VOC XM DTS VOX MPC